Start Smart Soccer Registration
Start Smart Soccer registration will open on April 19 at noon and run through May 10. It is first come, first served.
Start Smart Soccer Program
The Start Smart Sports Development Program is a proven instructional program that prepares children for the world of organized sports without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt. Children work with the adult in their lives in a supportive environment to learn the basic skills of soccer: kicking, dribbling, trapping and agility. Start Smart’s goal is to develop a child’s basic interest in sports, to increase their self-confidence and to help them find success in sports, all of which can lead to a lifetime of continued fitness and health.
The Start Smart program is for ages 3-4 year olds (must be 3 by first session). Start Smart sessions are held once a week for 6 weeks. Children and the adult in their life participate together to learn skills each week, with the goal of going home and practicing the skill we learn. Adults are active participants in the program. All participants receive a free Start Smart T-shirt!
- Session Dates: Tuesdays, May 11 – June 15
- Location: JDHS turf field (next to Augustus Brown pool)
- Time: 5:30-6:30pm
- Register Online
- Scholarships are available! A paper registration form and scholarship form must be completed to apply. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before registration opens for more information.
- Paying by cash or check? Complete the paper registration form and waivers, then email to email@example.com or fax to 907-586-4589
- Registration is first come, first served. All registrations received after the session is full will be placed on a waitlist.
- Forms received before April 19 will not be processed or kept.
- Cost is $35 and includes a start smart t-shirt!
- Masks are required by all participants, parents, spectators, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be available
- No high fives with anyone other than your own child
- Social distancing will be practiced
- Covid waiver must be signed in order to participate