Start Smart Soccer Registration
Registration will begin April 24 at 12:00pm
Start Smart Sports Program
The Start Smart Sports Development Program is a proven instructional program that prepares children for the world of organized sports without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt. Children work with the adult in their lives in a supportive environment to learn the basic skills of soccer: kicking, trapping shooting, and agility. Start Smart’s goal is to develop a child’s basic interest in sports, to increase their self-confidence and to help them find success in sports, all of which can lead to a lifetime of continued fitness and health.
The Start Smart program is for ages 3-4 year olds (must be 3 by first session). Start Smart sessions are held once a week for 6 weeks. Children and the adult in their life participate together to learn skills each week, with the goal of going home and practicing the skill we learn. Adults are active participants in the program. All participants receive a free Start Smart t-shirt!
- Session Dates: Wednesdays, May 10-June 14
- Location: Downtown Turf field
- Time: 5pm-6pm
- There are only 26 spots available online; 4 are reserved for scholarships
- Register online
- Scholarships are available! A paper registration form and scholarship form must be completed to apply. Please email [email protected] before registration opens for more information
- Paying by cash or check? Complete the paper registration form and waivers, then email to [email protected] or fax to 907-586-4589
- Registration is first come, first served. All registrations received after the session is full will be placed on a waitlist
- Cost is $40 + tax and includes a t-shirt
Juneau Parks and Recreation will abide by guidelines set forth by the CDC, the Juneau Assembly and the Juneau School District as we use their facilities for our programs. As such, the following mitigation will be in place for the 2023 start smart:
- If you or your child are sick, please stay home.
- If you or your child test positive for Covid-19, you will need to contact P&R within 24 hours.
- While engaging in play in the gym, participants can choose to wear a mask.
- Spectators are asked to practice safe social distancing. In the event that the games are crowded and you are unable to maintain social distancing, we encourage you to wear a mask for the safety of everyone.
- Staff will mask at any time by request.