All permits purchased in person at 155 S. Seward St, Room 218, City Hall
- All parking facility questions should be directed to Parks and Recreation
155 S. Seward St.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- All prices include CBJ Sales Tax
- All purchases of weekly, monthly, and yearly permits must be done in person at the Parks and Recreation office
- Parking in all facilities is on a first come, first served basis
Within the Downtown Parking Management Zone
- Maximum of 2 consecutive hours free per day unless otherwise indicated on posted signage
- No registration or payment required
- Enforced Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
- $.75 per hour
- $5.00 per day
- Pay by space-please deposit cash payment into pay box located at the entrance of the individual parking areas
Parking Lots Available
- Shopper’s Lot – On the corner of Main St. and Egan Dr.
- North Franklin Lot – On the corner of North Franklin St. and Second St.
- Marine Parking Garage -Spaces 5-25 only
- Are required in the Downtown Transportation Center and the Marine Parking Garage.
- Are required Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Must be visibly displayed on the rearview mirror with expiration date facing the front of the vehicle
- Are transferable between vehicles
- May purchase one week, multiple weeks, one month, multiple months, or up to a year.
- Can be purchased only at the Parks & Recreation office located in City Hall, room 218
Permit Waitlist Information
We’re currently on a waitlist for new parking permits at the Downtown Transportation Center parking garage (100 Main Street), and expect the waitlist to continue through the legislative session. We will frequently review space availability and the number of permits sold, and will release permits to those on the waitlist as soon as we have permits available.
We’re also currently on a waitlist for new parking permits at the Marine Parking Garage (290 Marine Way). We don’t have a timeline on when new MPG permits will be available, but we will frequently review space availability and the number of permits sold, and will release permits to those on the waitlist as soon as we have permits available..
If you’d like to be added to the parking permit waitlist, please contact Parks and Recreation at (907) 586-5226, send an email to to Parks.Rec@juneau.org or come see us in suite 218 at City Hall.
We will continue to renew existing parking permits in both facilities, although current permit holders must renew their parking permits within five business days of the date of expiration. If a permit is not renewed within five business days and that parking facility is at capacity, the permit holder loses the option to renew that permit. Any citations received for parking with an expired permit will not be dismissed.
Downtown Transportation Center Parking Garage
located at 100 Main Street
- $20 for a 7 day permit
- $65 for a monthly permit
- $700 for a year permit
- DTC permits are only valid for parking in the Downtown Transportation Center parking garage.
- During the legislative session, the entire 3rd floor of the Downtown Transportation Center garage is reserved for legislative parking.
Marine Parking Garage
located at 290 Marine Way, below the Downtown Public Library
- $20 for a 7 day permit
- $50 for a monthly permit
- $550 for a year permit
- MPG permits are valid for parking in the Marine Parking Garage and for seasonal parking in the Marine Park Plaza.
- Seasonal parking in the Marine Park Plaza has been extended beginning June 1, 2020 until further notice.
- Not valid for hourly parking spaces (spaces 5-23), Library Parking spaces (spaces A-V), and other spaces prohibited by sign or device.
If you want to appeal a citation issued by the City and Borough of Juneau, you must fill out the Citation Appeal Request Form and submit it to the Citation Hearing Officer within thirty (30) days of the issuance of the citation.
Click here for more information.
Parking Permit Waitlist
New parking permits for the Downtown Transportation Center and the Marine Park parking garages are not currently available. Find more information under Permit Waitlists.
Marine Park Plaza
Seasonal parking at the Marine Park Plaza has been extended! Beginning Monday, June 1, the Marine Park Plaza will reopen for seasonal parking, until further notice.