- Do you have a comment about tourism operations in Juneau?
- Call the Tourism Hotline at 586-6774 (administered by tourism operators and the Juneau Convention and Visitor’s Bureau)
- Send an email to email@example.com; or
- Contact the operator directly. Go to the Best Management Practices page for a list of tourism operators
Port Schedules – Southeast Alaska
- Cruise Lines International Association — you may obtain schedules for specific days, specific ports, or specific ships
- Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska — posts a complete list of schedules in individual documents (in PDF format) for each port in Southeast Alaska
- Juneau docking schedules (Courtesy of the Juneau Convention and Visitor’s Bureau and Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska)
Formed in the spring of 2003, Collaboration Juneau, Inc. (CJI) was a community-based collaboration group whose goal was to recommend to the City and Borough of Juneau solutions to tourism impacts and concerns and methods of long-term management of the opportunities presented by tourism in Juneau. CJI was funded by grants from the City and Borough of Juneau, the U.S. Forest Service and several private contributors. CJI formally disbanded at the beginning of 2008. An archive of their work can be found here.
- Tourism Management Plan Process, 2001-2002
- Juneau Tourism Management Plan – Final Draft, April, 2002
- Final Draft, April 2002 (129 pages)
- Final Draft, April, 2002 (Marked up copy, showing changes from March draft)
- Technical Addenda
- Juneau Tourism Partnership Letter
- Juneau Tourism Management Plan – Draft, March, 2002
In the spring of 2001, the CBJ contracted with an outside firm to help craft a plan to guide tourism growth in Juneau. The contractor used information gathered from existing studies, stakeholder and industry meetings, and other sources. In part because of the highly charged history of tourism issues in Juneau, city staff spent considerable time working to ensure the planning process provided ample opportunity for public participation. In addition to traditional public meetings, the contractor, Egret Communications, used web polls to find out what you wanted for the future of Juneau. Now, the Draft Tourism Management Plan is completed and the fourth round of web polling has been completed.
(monitored by the Juneau Convention and Visitor’s Bureau):
- leave a voice message at 586-6774
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tourism Best Management Practices Homepage
2021 Tourism Best Management Practices Documents
(links will be activated as documents become available)
Tourism Best Management Practices 2021
The Tourism Best Management Practices program is intended to minimize the impacts of tourism in a manner that addresses both residents’ and industry concerns. By actively participating in this voluntary program, operators demonstrate their commitment to address important community concerns.
Residents can help operators monitor the success of this program by providing feedback to the Juneau Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. You can contact the Tourism Hotline by sending an email to: email@example.com. This is the best method to ensure your concern is viewed and responded to in a timely manner. You may also register your concerns by calling the hotline at 586-6774 after April 30th.
If you need immediate assistance from a tourism operator, please call the tourism operator directly. (The list of operators will be published as soon as it is available.)
- Kirby Day — Princess Cruises (Primary Industry Contact)
Phone: (907)364-7250, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Hotline Reports
No entries match your request.
- Assembly Committee of the Whole (handles responsibilities formerly handled by the Planning and Policy Committee)
- City Manager’s Office
- Community Development
- Docks & Harbors
- Parks & Recreation
- Planning Commission
Links to Other Organizations Working on Tourism Issues
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
- Alaska Travel Industry Association
- Alaska Wilderness Recreation & Tourism Association
- Northwest Cruiseship Association
- Oceans Blue
- State of Alaska Visitor Information
- The Travel Research & Tourism Association
- US Forest Service: Tongass National Forest
- Travel Juneau