Welcome to the Office of the City Clerk
Final Official Election Results – Certified October 19, 2022
CBJ Ballot Processing Center
CBJ October 4, 2022 Regular Municipal Election Final Results
Certified by Election Official after completion of Canvass Review Board.
The Canvass Review Board completed its work on the October 4, 2022 CBJ Regular Municipal Election and the Election Official has now certified the final results. The Canvass Review Board began its work on Monday, October 17 and completed its review on Wednesday, October 19. Official results are now posted to the CBJ Elections webpage at https://juneau.org/clerk/elections.
The Assembly and School Board incumbents all ran unopposed for their seats and were each re-elected to three year terms as follows: Carole Triem (Areawide Assemblymember), Greg Smith (District 1 Assemblymember), Wade Bryson (District 2 Assemblymember), and School Board members Emil Robert Mackey III and Deedie Sorensen.
Proposition 1 to issue $35,000,000 in General Obligation Bonds failed to pass with 4394 YES Votes and 4640 NO Votes.
Proposition 2 to issue $6,600,000 in General Obligation Bonds passed with 6120 YES Votes and 2947 NO Votes.
Proposition 3 Authorizing the Extension of the Temporary 1% Areawide Sales Tax Effective October 1, 2023, for a Period of Five Years passed with 6247 YES Votes and 2827 NO Votes.
Proposition 4, the citizens’ referendum to repeal CBJ 15.05.105 related to the disclosure of real estate values in transactions, passed with 4693 YES Votes and 4327 NO Votes. Therefore, in accordance with CBJ Charter 07.11, CBJ Code 15.05.105 is hereby repealed as of the certification of the election.
A more detailed […]
The Municipal Clerk’s Office serves as Liaison with the CBJ Assembly, staff and the public and is the Election Official for the municipality. The Municipal Clerk is responsible for:
- administrating local elections, serving as a voter registration office for the State of Alaska; and reviewing compliance with Alaska Public Offices Commission requirements.
- providing notification of all official activities and meetings of the Assembly and its various committees in compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
- administrating the activity of the Assembly, the Assembly Standing Committees and the Assembly appointed advisory boards and committees.
- administrating appeals to the Assembly regarding decisions of the Planning Commission and other quasi-judicial boards.
- responding to requests for information from the public, CBJ staff, other municipalities, state officials, and both state and federal legislative offices.
- coordinating and maintaining office tracking system for correspondence and follow-up action.
- maintaining a comprehensive record system of all CBJ permanent and historic records; maintaining custody of the City and Borough seal; and attesting to CBJ documents such as minutes, legislation, plats, and Notices of Decisions, and ensuring compliance with the Open Records Act.
- assisting in the preparation of the Assembly budget, reviewing expenditures and assisting the Mayor’s Executive Assistant with administration of approved budget.
- assisting in planning and attending special events on behalf of the CBJ.
- administering liquor and gaming license review.