January – March
for ages 5-14
Fee is $55
Volunteer coaches and paid referees are needed!! Give us a call!
2023 Youth Basketball Registration Begins November 21
2023 Youth Basketball season
Early Bird registration for the 2023 Youth Basketball season will open on Monday, November 21 and run through December 4. The fee will be $55. Starting December 5, a $10 late fee will be applied. Space is limited; registration is first come, first served. Once a division is full, kids will automatically be placed on the waitlist.
Youth Basketball League
Youth Basketball is for youth ages 6-14. Teams are coached by VOLUNTEER COACHES. The program is all about skill development, fun and sportsmanship! If you have not played before, we hope you consider signing up; if you have played in the past but have not for a while – come back and play!
- Divisions may be combined to coed if registration numbers are low
- Practices will take place for one hour, once a week, for all divisions
- Games will take place on Saturdays between 10am and 3pm
- Age divisions 6-7, and 8-9 will be refereed by coaches
Pee Wee Basketball
Pee Wee basketball is for kids age 5 and is for both boys and girls. Starts Saturday, January 14 and runs once a week for an hour, 6 weeks total. Fee is $35.
- PeeWee Schedule
- Registration available online
- Scholarships are available! Please submit a paper registration form and scholarship form to email@example.com.
- Paying by cash or check? Complete the registration form and waivers, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 907-586-4589.
- Registration is first come, first served. All registrations received after divisions are full will be placed on a waitlist.
- Forms received before November 21 will not be processed or kept. You will also not receive any communication that your form was received.
- Coach requests will not be accepted.
- To play up a league, the player must turn the age of the division by 3/11/23. Players must turn 5 by 1/14/23 in order to play.
Juneau Parks and Recreation will abide by guidelines set forth by the CDC, the Juneau Assembly and the Juneau School District as we use their facilities for our programs. As such, the following mitigation will be in place for the 2022 indoor season:
- If you or your child are sick, please stay home.
- If you or your child test positive for Covid-19, you will need to contact P&R within 24 hours.
- While engaging in play in the gym, participants can choose to wear a mask.
- Spectators are asked to practice safe social distancing. In the event that the games are crowded and you are unable to maintain social distancing, we encourage you to wear a mask for the safety of everyone.
- Staff will mask at any time by request.
Evaluate Your Child’s Coach
Coach Evaluation of Your Team
- Dzantik’i Heeni
- Floyd Dryden
- Mendenhall River
- Marie Drake
- Pee Wees = Junior
- Ages 6-7, 8-9 = Junior
- Ages 10-11 & 12-14 Coed = Intermediate