January – March
for ages 5-14
Fee is $55
Volunteer coaches and paid referees are needed!! Give us a call!
Updated Schedules Available
Practice and game schedules have been updated to reflect move to Auke Bay for 6-7 and 8-9 age groups
2022 Youth Basketball season
Early Bird registration for the 2022 Youth Basketball season will open on Monday, November 22 and run through December 3. The fee will be $55. Starting December 4, a $10 late fee will be applied. Space is limited; registration is first come, first served. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, registration totals will be lower than previous years. Once a division is full, kids will automatically be placed on the waitlist
Youth Basketball League
Youth Basketball is for youth ages 6-14. Teams are coached by VOLUNTEER COACHES. The program is all about skill development, fun and sportsmanship! If you have not played before, we hope you consider signing up; if you have played in the past but have not for a while – come back and play!
- Practices will take place for one hour, once a week, for all divisions
- Games will take place on Saturdays between 10am and 3pm
- Age divisions 6-7, 8-9 and 10-11 will be refereed by coaches.
Pee Wee Basketball
Pee Wee basketball is for kids age 5 and is for both boys and girls. Starts Saturday, January 15 and runs once a week for an hour, 6 weeks total. Fee is $35.
- PeeWee Schedule
- Registration available online
- Scholarships are available! Please submit a paper registration form and scholarship form to email@example.com.
- Paying by cash or check? Complete the registration form and waivers, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 907-586-4589.
- Registration is first come, first served. All registrations received after divisions are full will be placed on a waitlist.
- Forms received before November 22 will not be processed or kept. You will also not receive any communication that your form was received.
- Coach requests will not be accepted.
- To play up a league, the player must turn the age of the division by 3/12/22. Players must turn 5 by 1/15/22 in order to play.
Youth Sports Covid Mitigation Plan
Below are the major takeaways you should be aware of before registering:
- To stay aligned with Juneau School District, CBJ is requiring all volunteer coaches and players have proof of vaccination or test weekly
- Masks will be required at all times while indoors, including during play
- There will be no spectators allowed in the gym
- Each team will have access to hand sanitizer
- Each team will have extra packets of masks
- If a child is sick, they must stay home from games or practices
- Participants and families of participants must agree to inform Parks & Recreation staff within 24 hours if they test positive for Covid-19 after participating in a league game, practice or activity
- All players and coaches will be required to sign-in prior to the game or practice, stating they are currently symptom free and without a fever within the last 72 hours
Evaluate Your Child’s Coach
Coach Evaluation of Your Team
- Dzantik’i Heeni
- Floyd Dryden
- Mendenhall River
- Marie Drake
- Pee Wees = Junior
- Ages 6-7, 8-9 = Junior
- Ages 10-11 & 12-14 Coed = Intermediate