Connect. Play. Change the Game
Connect. Play. Change The Game.
Zach Gordon is proud to present our first Coaches Summit on November 9, from 9am-5pm at Juneau Douglas High School: Yadaa.at kale.
Our keynote speaker is John O’Sullivan, founder and CEO of Changing the Game project. John is an internationally known TEDx speaker and founder of the Changing the Game Project, which he started in 2012. He is a former collegiate and professional soccer player and has coached for over 20 years on the youth, high school and college level. John is the author of two #1 bestselling books (Changing the Game: the Parent’s Guide to raising happy, high-performing athletes and giving youth sports back to our kids and Is it Wise to Specialize?) and is a leading youth sports blogger. He is host of The Way of the Champions Podcast, one of the top-rated podcasts in the world for coaches. John has consulted with the US Olympic committee, US Soccer and many more and serves on the National Advisory Board for Positive Coaching Alliance and the National Association for Physical Literacy.
We are also excited to present a variety of workshops led by local leaders in youth sports, childhood development, trauma informed coaching and John O’Sullivan. Click here for the schedule.
You should register if…
- You are a volunteer or paid coach or assistant coach of any sports of other competitive activities for youth of any age.
- You are a parent/guardian or adult support for youth engaged in sports or other competition oriented activities.
- You are interested in how you can better support youth in our community!
The morning keynote for coaches and families will be no charge. Full day attendance, which includes the keynote and workshops, is $25. You can register on our customer portal here
Looking for a place to have your end of season celebration or do some team building in the heart of your season? All coaches who register will be entered to win:
- A three-hour shelter rental from Parks & Rec
- One hour of ice time at Treadwell Arena
- One hour of log rolling at Augustus Brown Pool with a log rolling instructor
Thank you to our community partners!