Payroll A to Z
If you know you are moving, it is important to update your address information with Payroll. This helps ensure you receive all your paychecks and tax documentation on time and at the proper address.
Current employees may update their mailing address on their own in ESS: http://ess.juneau.org
- Personal Information>Move
- Home = Mailing Address
- Supplemental = Physical Address
NOTE: Be sure to send the auto generated email to Payroll so PERS (SOA Retirement & Benefits) can be manually updated.
Log into your ICMA account and update. ICMA link: https://www.icmarc.org/
Past employees must update their address directly through Payroll.
Beneficiary Designation Changes:
ICMA: Update online here: www.icmarc.org/login
Cell Phone Stipend Agreement:
- Read Information & Communications Policy and Cellular Devises Policy located here:
- Fill out Cellphone Stipend Agreement on the internal intranet page (Finance>Payroll>Lists)
Clocking issue (KRONOS)
If you are unable to login or punch using Kronos, notify your Department Admin (or Payroll if Admin is unavailable).
Comp Time Cashout:
In your KRONOS timesheet:
- Select CT CashOut from the Pay Code Column drop down menu
- In the corresponding Amount column cell, enter the amount of Comp Time you wish to cash out.
TIP! To view your current leave balances, expand the bottom of your timecard by clicking the totalizer (two grey lines with a triangle). Your balances will display in the Accruals tab. If you notice your totals do not match your ESS (Lawson) balance, please contact your Dept. Admin or Payroll.
Deferred Comp (ICMA):
- Direct Deposit eliminates the hassle of receiving paychecks via the Postal Service.
- Direct Deposit eliminates the need for paper paychecks.
- Funds are automatically received on payday into your bank account, perfect for those traveling with no access to their mailbox.
For employment verifications including dates of hire/termination, position/title, and salary information, please email us.
Most full time employees must use a fob to clock in/out of the timekeeping system (KRONOS).
Parks & Rec – Building Maintenance activates and maintains fobs.
Lost, Damaged, or Not Working? Contact them at 364-3454!
CBJ adheres to all legal regulations regarding all types of garnishments. For information on garnishments, contact Payroll, (907) 586-5215, opt. 5.
CBJ offers up to 12 paid holidays throughout the year. The holiday schedule can be found on HR’s webpage here: https://juneau.org/human-resources/employee-forms-info
When an employee receives compensation from the clerk of court for jury duty service, they must reimburse the CBJ if they were paid for their time away from work. If the jury service occurred on a day off, or during pre-determined personal leave, no reimbursement to the CBJ is required.
Jurors are paid a daily rate. The daily rate amount should be turned over to the CBJ. The employee should restrictively endorse the check from the court by writing “Pay to the order of the City & Borough of Juneau” and signing their name on the back of the check. The check should be sent to Payroll or the Treasury Cash Office.