Welcome to the Controller Office
The Controller Office is responsible for maintaining the overall integrity of the CBJ general ledger. The Controller Office ensures the proper recording of each and every transaction made across all of the City Departments, keeping the general ledger in balance in accordance with all legal requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
The City’s books are audited every year by an outside, independent accounting firm. To review the following reports prepared for the audit, please select from the Controller menu on the left:
- Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- Federal Grants Compliance Report
- State Grants Compliance Report
- Passenger Facility Charge Report
- Annual Full Cost Allocation Plan
The Controller office is also responsible for processing and issuing City Payroll, and the Accounts Payable function.
Welcome to the City & Borough of Juneau’s Payroll Division
We are a small, dedicated team of professionals committed to paying our employees in a timely and accurate manner, while minimizing organizational risk through strong internal controls. Our office ensures that all necessary data, records and reports are maintained and submitted in accordance with the City & Borough of Juneau’s standards; complying with federal, state and local regulations.
Want to view past paystubs, leave balances, personal information, and more? Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to ess.juneau.org from any computer. You can also use ESS to submit your time sheet remotely! Your department admin can set you up with a user ID and password.
Payroll Forms & Information
- Pay Dates
- W-4 Employee Withholding Certificate
- Direct Deposit Form
- Contact Information
- Phone: (907) 586-5215
- Fax: (907) 586-0358
- Physical Address: 105 Municipal Way, 2nd Floor, Juneau AK 99801
The Accounts Payable (AP) office is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payments to all CBJ vendors for goods and services. Requests for payment must be confirmed and approved by the department that made the purchase before payment can be made. Please keep in mind, the approval process can sometimes take several weeks.
CBJ strives to be a good customer and make payments as quickly as possible; with check runs generated weekly. If you have questions about an invoice you have submitted to CBJ, please contact the person responsible for your account:
- Utilities* & business with names that begin with A-J: Teri Stone, AP Supervisor, Teri.Stone@juneau.org
- Business with names that begin with letters K-Z: Sherrey Hankins, Accounting Tech I, Sherrey.Hankins@juneau.org
- ACH Payments: CBJ is encouraging vendors to use the Automated Clearing House, (ACH) option for future payments. If you are interested please contact the Accounts Payable department at 907-586-5215 or you may also contact the AP office via email at Accounts.Payable@juneau.org. Follow the link below to print and fill out the CBJ ACH Vendor Authorization Form.
- CBJ Vendor Information and ACH Enrollment Form
- *Utilities in the case refers to the utilities that CBJ consumes as part of its daily operations. For information regarding your personal Water & Sewer account with CBJ, please go to the Accounts Receivable page.
- Phone: (907) 586-5215
- Fax: (907) 586-5384
- Physical Address: 105 Municipal Way, 3rd Floor, Juneau AK 99801
105 Municipal Way
Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports
Each year, CBJ presents a comprehensive picture on the City’s financial condition through a financial report on all assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenditures. This report, known as the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report, is prepared according to the standards and format set forth by the Government Accounting Standards Board.
The Annual Comprehensive Financial Report is the follow-up document to the budget. While the budget documents and authorizes the spending plan for the people’s money, the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report describes what was actually spent, and the status of assets and liabilities, at the end of the fiscal year.
The Annual Comprehensive Financial Report is organized into three sections: Introduction, Financial, and Statistical. The report is quite large and can be downloaded in its entirety or by section, though the links below.