Film Permit Application

City Film Permit Application

If you are requesting a film permit, please click the button below and fill out the online application

Note: Please provide adequate time for the CBJ to review and process the application. Depending on the application, Lands staff may have to coordinate with multiple CBJ Departments to secure permissions to the requested locations.

If you have questions or comments, contact the CBJ Lands and Resources Office: [email protected].

Film Permits

The Lands and Resources Division assists the City in coordinating film permit application requests involving all CBJ property.

Click here to fill out an application.

Please note: If a requested location is on CBJ Parks and Recreation property, you will be required to fill out a Commercial Use Permit and pay associated fees. Parks and Rec staff will determine if filming impacts public access to the park or causes potential damage to City property.

To determine if your film location is on City property, please use the CBJ Parcel Viewer tool. The City only issues film permits for City property. The State of Alaska has a mapping tool called Alaska Mapper, which also can be used to determine property ownership.

The City requests that any film made on CBJ property use the following statement and emblem:

Production Companies and movies that have filmed on CBJ property:

  • Out of the Woods Productions with “The Alaska Bush People”
  • Orion Entertainment with “Building Alaska”
  • Lucid Reverie
  • Brand USA
  • American Eagle Outfitters
  • “Limbo”
  • “Wildlike”
  • “Claws”
  • The State of Alaska Governor’s Office
  • BBC’s “Wild Alaska Live”
  • History Channel’s “Ozzy and Jack’s World Detour”

While the City and Borough of Juneau only issues film permits for City property, below is the link to the State of Alaska Commercial Recreation Day Use application. Please direct all communication with the State of Alaska, Department of Natural Resources Technician Matt Neville at 907-465-3400, [email protected].

While the City and Borough of Juneau only issues film permits for City property, below are documents provided by the USFS for filming on USFS Region 10 properties like the Mendenhall Glacier. Please direct all communication with the USFS office at 907-586-8800.