February is Heart Health Month.
- For those with elevated glucose readings or who’ve been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes, the Blood Sugar Balance (2/6-3/6) is just for you!
- If you’d like to focus on overall heart health our Inflammation Tamer Challenge (2/1-2/28) is another option.
- Join us on 2/26 for a virtual cooking class focusing on heart health by registering here.
A gift for you, when you get movin’. You can know how good moving your body each day feels AND still be unmotivated to get in the habit of doing it. What if you had something extra to look forward to on your next visit to the gym or walk- like a juicy new audiobook? Benefited employees and spouses can provide proof of 3 physical activity days (30 minutes or more) in December or January here and get an audiobook to keep you coming back for more.
Pavitts is offering us a special deal right now for our employees: they are dropping the 1 year commitment-so you can opt for month to month- and giving us 20% off the EFT rate for individual, couple, and family memberships for CBJ/BRH/JSD admin employees and their immediate families (spouses and children up to age 18). If you are interested you can ask them for a free week trial. If you sign up and want to get in the habit of using that membership- don’t forget about the audiobook offer above!
Gentle movement for pain, rehab, and true beginners! Physical Therapist Laura Baker will be teaching a series of classes designed to help you optimize daily activities with less pain. Reserve your spot if you…
- Want to work with a PT to support your return to activity after a long (months, years, lifetime) hiatus from it.
- Have difficulty bending to feed your animals or playing on the floor with kids or grandkids
- Have trouble walking or pushing your wheelchair for as long as you want
- Experience pain or limited range of motion when reaching to your cupboards
- Get sore after lifting Costco groceries
- Avoid exercise because it doesn’t feel good or you don’t know where to start
What: Gentle Movement for pain, rehab, and true beginners class
When: Wednesday evenings, 5-6pm, Starting 1/11- 2/22.
Where: Juneau Family birth center
Who: Employees and spouses welcome. All bodies and abilities welcome.
How much: $45 for the series of 6 classes
HY points: 5 HY points per class.
How to sign up: register here.
CBJ employees: want to play in that forecasted snow on some snowshoes? We’ve got new snowshoes for you to check out through Health Yourself. You are welcome to check out an extra pair for a friend so you can adventure together and reap the wellness benefits of social connection! The checkout process is similar to the Tram passes- reserve a pair or two here and pick them up in HR. (BRH, and JSD admins, yours are coming soon!)
Menopause Webinar Series: we rounded up a rock star crew of speakers to help demystify, provide information, and hopefully offer a bit of relief. See recording links from fall of 2022 below:
- Joanna Goldman ( 9/8/22)– covering the basics of menopause and symptom relief from a nurse practitioner perspective. View recording here
- Laura Baker (9/15/22)– Managing Symptoms of Menopause: A Rehabilitative Perspective. Laura is a physical therapist who specializes in working with clients on pelvic health-related issues. View recording here
- Kari Natwick (9/22/22)– common nutrition-related ties to uncomfortable symptoms. View recording here.
- Kari Natwick (10/6/22)– symptom relief through nutrition. View recording here