The General Engineering Division provides professional engineering, construction inspection, and land surveying support to the Permit Center. The division is responsible for review of permit applications for site and utility improvements, public assistance on site grading and drainage projects, water and sewer service permits, driveway permits, and right-of-way permits.
The division provides field inspection for water and sewer service construction, for site grading and drainage improvements, and for driveway construction and right-of-way permit compliance. Inspection services include field observation, testing, and report submittals for new billing accounts.
The division also provides engineering and administrative services for the construction and/or repair of city and borough infrastructure resulting from residential or commercial subdivisions development. Services include construction plan and specification review and approval, contact administration of consultant inspection and soil testing services, dispute resolution, field inspection and acceptance of the new or modified infrastructure.
Documents of Interest
- 36.35.040 – Water and Water Systems – Permits Required
- 75.01 – Water Code
- 75.02 – Sewer Code
- 41.01 – Residential Onsite Wastewater Treatment and Disposal System Maintenance Program (OWTDS)
- 19.12 – Excavation and Grading Code
- 62.05 – Excavation
- 62.10 – Street and Sidewalk Obstructions
- 62.36 – Driveways
- 62.40 – Public Transmission Facilities
- Juneau Standard Specifications – For Driveways, Mailboxes, Culverts, etc.