Juneau International Airport’s COVID-19 response
The Juneau International Airport, in conjunction with local, state and federal agencies, is responding to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic by implementing measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and help protect the health and safety of the public and employees. The airport remains open as a vital link in and out of Juneau. The airport is closely monitoring the evolving situation and will update the public when necessary. Regardless of what may change, the runway will remain open for medevac flights.
Health and Safety:
- The airport has increased its cleaning regimen in the terminal facility, including additional disinfecting wipe-downs of surfaces, doors, handrails, ledges, elevator buttons, countertops, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in high traffic areas throughout the terminal.
- Airport tenants have also increased cleaning. For more specific information, reach out to the airline or concessionaire.
- Passengers will see CDC posters throughout the terminal reminding passengers of the symptoms of Coronavirus, measures to take and websites to visit.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) oversees screening for passengers at Juneau International Airport. See TSA updates here.
Flight and Airline Questions:
Please contact your airline for updates on your flight itinerary, or about measures being taken for health and safety:
Airports work with the Federal Aviation Administration to develop Airport Emergency Plans that look at protocol for all types of emergencies, from aircraft incidents to natural disasters and terroristic acts to the spread of disease. Airports look at continuity of operations for the long run. For Juneau International Airport, this includes working with tenants, federal and state agencies, CBJ, and the public. For more information and local news on COVID-19, go to juneau.org/covid-19 or Juneau.org/airport.
For more information, contact Airport Manager Patty Wahto at 789-7821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.