Household Hazardous Waste
Bring your batteries, TV’s, used oil, fluorescent light tubes, paint, cleaners, and many other household hazardous waste items to the CBJ Household Hazardous Waste Facility! LED light bulbs do not contain hazardous material and can be disposed of in general trash.
All Purpose Cleaners
Batteries – Household*
Commercial Gas Cylinders
Flourescent Light Tubes
Halogen Light Bulbs
Mercury Containing Thermostats
Mercury Fever Thermometers
Nail Polish Remover
Oil- Cooking, Artist, Heating, Motor
Paint – Artist Acrylic, Encaustic, Oil, Tempera, Watercolor
|Paint – Oil Based, Latex, Thinner, Stripper, Spray, Lead Based
PCB Contaminated Materials
Pepper Spray (OC)
Rubber Cement Thinner
Sharps (Medical Needles in containers)
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
* Rechargeable batteries larger than 1.5 Volt must have their terminals protected by either bagging or taping each individual battery. Please separate batteries by type, i.e. alkaline, NiCad, lithium, lead acid, silver oxide
|Reactive Materials Including:
Explosives including :
|Biological Wastes (Sharps Accepted)
**Soil that has come in contact with gas or oil can be taken to Bicknell Inc, 2275 Brady Lane, 789-8727. Bicknell charges a fee for disposal. The soil has to be free from plastic, garbage or other debris. ADEC requires reporting and approval prior to transport of contaminated soils in some circumstances, go to https://dec.alaska.gov/spar/ppr/spill-information/reporting/ for more information.
- Please keep products in their original containers
- Add additional containers or bags to prevent leaking
- Containers will not be returned
- Identify and label unmarked containers
- Do NOT mix any products
- Keep products away from passengers during transport
Friday 8AM – 3:30PM
Saturday 8AM – 4:00PM
100lbs/Day Drop Off Limit
Thursday by appointment only
Call 780-6691 and leave a message to set up an appointment.
- Businesses generating 220lbs of household hazardous waste per month or less are Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators (CESQG) and may use this facility. If you generate more than this amount, go to https://www.epa.gov/hazgen.
- Eligible businesses should check the list of Accepted/Not Accepted Household Hazardous Waste.
- Call 780-6691 to make an appointment on a Thursday between 8am and 4:30pm. Leave a message if no one answers and your phone call will be returned Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- Bring hazardous waste to the facility separated by product type. It will be weighed and then the business will be charged $1.28 per pound.
- Payment is accepted by check or credit card.