Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The City and Borough of Juneau (CBJ), Juneau International Airport (JNU) along with State and Federal agencies are responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic at all CBJ facilities. The health and safety of the public and our employees are our top priority.
Some CBJ facilities (including schools, pools, libraries, etc.) have closed in an effort to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. Other facilities, such as the JNU Airport, remain open as a vital link in/out of Juneau, Alaska.
PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES
Information about COVID-19 is updated frequently. Please check the following resource links for the most up-to-date information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- State of Alaska Health and Social Services
- City and Borough of Juneau
JUNEAU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (JNU)
JNU Airport has taken measures to help protect the public and employees mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Health and Safety:
- JNU has increased cleaning of the Airport’s terminal facility.
- JNU has provided hand sanitizer in high traffic areas throughout the terminal.
- Airport tenants have increased surface cleaning of their space. Do not hesitate to ask airlines or concessions about their cleaning efforts.
- Passengers will see CDC posters throughout the terminal reminding passengers of the symptoms of Coronavirus, measures to take and websites to visit.
- The TSA oversees screening for passengers at JNU. TSA latest updates here.
- Some City & Borough of Juneau offices are closed. Please call ahead.
Flight and Airline Questions:
- Please contact your airline for updates to your flight itinerary or about measures that they are taking for health and safety:
For other JNU businesses/links, please see our webpage!