State confirms another COVID-19 case in Juneau
The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) today confirmed one new case of COVID-19 in Juneau, bringing the capital city’s total to 10. The City and Borough of Juneau will update the public with information needed for community health and safety on this case and previous ones as CBJ learns of it.
CBJ is coordinating closely with DHSS. Officials with the state Division of Public Health will initiate a contact investigation and reach out to any person who may have come into contact with these individuals. Public Health will notify and isolate additional persons as appropriate.
As a reminder, please follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- In accordance with the Juneau Assembly’s Hunker Down resolution and State of Alaska’s Health Mandate 11, Juneau residents are required to stay at home as much as possible.
- Wash hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes, and clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Keep at least 6 feet away from others. Stay home and work from home as much as possible.
- If you are sick with a respiratory infection, even with mild symptoms, isolate yourself from others, and call your health care provider ahead of time if you need medical attention.
- Continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
For more local news, information, and resources to help keep Juneau safe and healthy, go to juneau.org/covid-19.