Juneau Commission on Sustainability recruiting members
The Juneau Commission on Sustainability (JCOS) is looking for three new members. JCOS is a nine (9) member advisory board to the Assembly, and also works with CBJ staff on issues related to the long-term sustainability of the Juneau community. JCOS meets twice a month – a regular action-oriented meeting and if needed a work session. JCOS works through its committees on energy, solid waste/resource recovery, outreach, and climate impacts.
If you’re interested, JCOS membership offers:
- an opportunity to learn how Juneau’s local government works.
- a way to turn your passion and concern about Juneau’s livability and future into action.
- the ability to advise local elected officials on sustainability issues.
- the opportunity to build leadership and public process skills.
- the chance to “dig into” a sustainability issue and offer local solutions for Juneau.
For more information and to apply, go to the JCOS website or contact Beth McKibben at CBJ/CDD 586-0753 (ext. 4128).