In most CBJ facilities, masking is recommended but no longer required
Masking is recommended, but no longer required, in most City and Borough of Juneau facilities. This applies to both the general public and to CBJ staff, and is based upon the current community risk level of Minimal. If the community risk level changes, the mask requirement may change.
Regardless of CBJ’s community risk level, masking remains required for the public and employees on Capital Transit, CAPITAL AKcess, and in the Juneau International Airport due to federal rules.
Specifically, masks are optional in:
- City Hall and other CBJ office buildings
- Juneau Public Libraries
- Juneau-Douglas City Museum
- Dimond Park Aquatic Center & Augustus Brown Pool
- Dimond Park Field House
- Treadwell Arena
- Zach Gordon Youth Center & Shéiyi X̱aat Hít Youth Shelter
Masks are still required in:
- Capital Transit & CAPITAL AKcess
- Juneau International Airport
Juneau School District and Bartlett Regional Hospital policies are established by their own Boards and management:
- At this time, masking remains required for everyone inside Juneau School District facilities. The Board of Education will be discussing the topic during its upcoming Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 8.
- Within Bartlett Regional Hospital, masking remains required in all patient care areas.
For more information, contact CBJ Emergency Operations Center Planning Section Chief Denise Koch at 907-586-0800 ext. 4182 or Denise.Koch@juneau.org.