Comment on proposed CBJ budget at April 21 Special Assembly Meeting
The public is invited to provide feedback on the proposed City and Borough of Juneau budget for fiscal year 2022 at a Special Assembly Meeting Wednesday, April 21 at 5:30 p.m. The public can comment on the property tax mill levy rate, the CBJ operating budget, the Juneau School District general operating budget, and the capital improvement program. Read the Special Meeting agenda packet here. An Assembly Finance Committee meeting will immediately follow (agenda packet).
Join the Special Assembly and Assembly Finance Committee meetings online https://juneau.zoom.us/j/91437455050, call 1-253-215-8782 with Webinar ID: 914 3745 5050, or watch on Facebook Live.
To provide public comment during the Special Assembly meeting, notify the Clerk’s Office:
- Call the Municipal Clerk’s public testimony line at 586-0215 by 3 p.m. April 21, OR
- Email [email protected] and provide your name, email address, phone number, and the agenda topic(s) you wish to testify on.
If you haven’t notified the Clerk’s Office ahead of time, you can still participate. While online on Zoom, hit the ‘raise hand’ button to speak on an item up for public hearing or a non-agenda item. If you’re calling in, press *9 on your phone to raise your hand.
Testimony time will be limited by the Mayor based on the number of participants. Members of the public are encouraged to send their comments in advance of the meeting to [email protected].
Items up for public hearing at the Special Assembly Meeting include:
- Ordinance 2021-08: An Ordinance Appropriating Funds from the Treasury for FY22 City and Borough Operations.
- Ordinance 2021-09: An Ordinance Appropriating Funds from the Treasury for FY22 School District Operations.
- Ordinance 2021-10: An Ordinance Establishing the Rate of Levy for Property Taxes for Calendar Year 2021 Based Upon the Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2022.
- Resolution 2937: A Resolution Adopting the City and Borough Capital Improvement Program for Fiscal Years 2022 through 2027, and Establishing the Capital Improvement Project Priorities for Fiscal Year 2022.
For more information, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 586-5278.