CBJ releases more COVID-19 data on local dashboard
The public can now view the status of COVID-19 in Juneau on the City and Borough of Juneau’s COVID-19 dashboard. Find data on how many COVID-19 Juneau cases are currently hospitalized, how many Juneau cases have recovered, bed capacity at Bartlett Regional Hospital (BRH), and more.
The dashboard currently provides data for these categories:
- Total confirmed cases in CBJ
- Critical Care Unit beds in use: In Juneau, CCU is the same thing as ICU (Intensive Care Unit), which is the more broadly used/reported term. This is the total number of CCU beds in use, not necessarily COVID-related. BRH has the capacity to expand the number of CCU beds depending on need.
- Ventilators in use
- Confirmed cases by transmission type: The four types of transmission — Community, Travel, Secondary, and Under Investigation — align with how the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services reports this.
- COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized
- Total COVID-19 patients discharged from BRH
- COVID-19 patients recovered
- Patients in isolation at BRH: These are people who are symptomatic with any potentially contagious disease, including COVID-19
- General Use beds occupied: This is the total number of general use beds being occupied, not necessarily COVID-related. Note that BRH has the capacity to expand the number of general use beds depending on need.
- Confirmed CBJ cases by day of onset of symptoms
At the moment, CBJ’s dashboard is updated daily, though there may be variability as new categories are added. Data currently comes from BRH, the state Division of Public Health, and Emergency Operation Center task forces. View the dashboard here, or by visiting juneau.org/covid-19, and clicking on the “COVID-19 Dashboard” button or the “Juneau Confirmed Cases” button.