Volunteering at a Juneau COVID-19 vaccine clinic
February 8 Update: Volunteer sign-up has closed for the February 11 and 12 clinic. Juneau Public Health Center, Bartlett Regional Hospital, Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, and City and Borough of Juneau thank all the individuals who have volunteered.
The Juneau Public Health Center, Bartlett Regional Hospital, Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, and City and Borough of Juneau are looking for volunteers for the upcoming COVID-19 vaccine clinic on February 11 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.) and February 12 (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.). Volunteers will be selected based on certain criteria and must adhere to a set of volunteer expectations.
Volunteers will be prioritized according to these factors:
- Those already vaccinated
- Those eligible to be vaccinated in the current phase within the State of Alaska Eligibility system
- Those with a special skill set needed for the clinic (like individuals licensed or certified to provide vaccines or who can serve as a uniformed officer)
- General public
- Available to work four 4-hour shifts and be available 30 minutes before their shift
- Volunteers eligible for the vaccine will be offered the opportunity to get a shot during the clinic
- Volunteers not currently eligible for a vaccine, but would qualify as a vaccine clinic worker, would be required to work a minimum of four clinic dates. Vaccine administration would be coordinated during the clinic.
- Training will be provided for all roles through a virtual training & training prior to working the first shift.
Sign up to volunteer for the February 11-12 vaccine clinic here. The form will list the various volunteer roles. Check-In, Check-Out, and Second-Dose Scheduler volunteer roles require the use of technology and software; vaccinators must be licensed or certified to provider vaccines.
Looking ahead, additional clinics will be held as more vaccine allotment comes to Juneau. A new volunteer sign-up form will be issued for each clinic and that link will be emailed to prior volunteers and people who have expressed interest to volunteer. Clinic organizers are not keeping a waitlist of volunteer roles. Volunteer selection for each clinic will be based on needs for that particular clinic.
For more information, email email@example.com.