Update on Juneau Parks & Recreation facilities and programs
The Juneau Parks & Recreation Department is continuing its phased reopening of facilities and programs consistent with guidance from national organizations and the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services. The Department recognizes that Juneau’s parks and recreation opportunities are more important than ever before, and stays committed to protecting the health and safety of Juneau residents as facilities and programs reopen. Here’s an update:
- Dimond Park Aquatic Center re-opened on June 15, and is now available for drop-in recreation seven days a week. Hours of operation can be found here. The lap pool, leisure pool, and therapeutic resistance channel are open, but water slides, spray features, hot tub, and sauna are currently closed. Locker rooms are available for changing and restroom use only; a shower is available on the pool deck.
- Augustus Brown Pool is currently closed due to a shortage of certified staff, and Parks & Recreation will be hiring a number of positions soon. Other facility renovation work has been placed on hold.
- Treadwell Ice Arena will begin its phased reopening July 29. Initially, the arena will be available for private rentals and organized groups only.
- Zach Gordon Youth Center is open Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Parks, playgrounds, ballfields, courts, shelters and trails are open to the public. Please remember to maintain social distance.
- Jensen-Olsen Arboretum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Eagle Valley Center Lodge is available for reservations by calling 586-5226.
- PROGRAMS: Summer Camps have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. Youth Sports remain suspended until further notice. Adult Sports and Senior Open Gym have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. The Hike Program remains suspended until further notice.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation at 586-5226.