Special Assembly Meeting tonight, March 26, at 6 p.m.
The Juneau Assembly has a Special Assembly Meeting on COVID-19 tonight, March 26, at 6 p.m. in City Hall Assembly Chambers. The meeting will be broadcast through Facebook Live on the City and Borough of Juneau’s Facebook page. That same video feed will also be available on the CBJ website at juneau.org/covid-19. A sign language interpreter will be present.
Adhering to the State of Alaska mandate on gatherings, the Assembly Chambers will be closed to the public. Members of the public wishing to testify can call 907-463-5043 between 5:45 and 6:15 p.m. to be placed in the queue. Testimony will be limited to 1 minute per caller:
- Callers will hear a message stating they have reached the Alaska Legislative Teleconference System and to stay on the line until they can be assisted by an operator.
- Operators will ask the caller to identify their Name and the meeting they are calling for. The caller should provide their name and state that they are calling in for the CBJ Assembly meeting.
- Public lines will be muted by default but will be unmuted by CBJ staff when it is that individual’s turn to testify.
- The Mayor will ask the caller to identify their name and the agenda topic for which they are providing testimony.
- The caller will then be asked to stay on the phone after their testimony to answer any questions from the Assembly.
- Once they have finished providing testimony, callers may be disconnected from the call and encouraged to watch the Facebook Live feed so the phone lines can be opened for others who may wish to testify.
Agenda items for tonight’s Special Assembly Meeting include:
- A Resolution Repealing Resolution 2883(am) and Temporarily Amending Resolution 2862 Related to the Assembly Rules of Procedure and COVID-19.
- An Emergency Ordinance Authorizing the Manager to Execute a Campground Lease Agreement with AJT Mining Properties, Inc.
- COVID-19 Update and Actions
- An Ordinance Amending the Continuity of Government Code to Improve City and Borough of Juneau Procedures for Emergencies. (Informational only – no public testimony being taken at this meeting.)
- An Ordinance Amending the Civil Defense Code to Improve City and Borough of Juneau Procedures for Emergencies. (Informational only – no public testimony being taken at this meeting.)
Read the full agenda packet.
For more information, contact City Clerk Beth McEwen at 586-0203 or Beth.McEwen@juneau.org.