Juneau’s community risk level lowers to Moderate
Due to sustained declines in COVID-19 cases in Juneau, improvements in workforce capacity, and the increasing availability of therapeutics to treat high-risk cases of COVID-19, the City and Borough of Juneau Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is reducing the overall community risk to Level 2 Moderate. At Moderate, the mask requirement changes. Juneau has been at the Modified High level since January 3.
This community mitigation measure on masking is effective immediately:
- If you’re not fully vaccinated, you must wear a mask or face covering in indoor public areas and crowded outdoor events, like a live performance, parade, sports event. If you are fully vaccinated, masking is highly recommended in indoor public areas. (Fully vaccinated is defined as 2 weeks after an initial 2-dose Moderna/Pfizer series or initial 1-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.)
- Businesses and organizations may choose to require masking in their facilities. Masking remains required in CBJ facilities.
Here are the other mitigation measures at the Moderate community risk level, effective immediately:
- Indoor gatherings must be limited to 50% of indoor capacity or 50 people, whichever is greater, and include safety measures. There are no size limits if all individuals at the gathering are fully vaccinated. Outdoor gatherings are recommended.
- Restaurants are recommended to ensure distancing between parties. Patrons who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks when not actively eating or drinking
- Bars cannot exceed 50 percent capacity. Patrons who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks when not actively eating or drinking
- Personal services are by appointment only; waiting areas at 50 percent capacity.
- Gyms are limited to 50 percent capacity. Indoor classes are limited only to fully vaccinated individuals.
Read CBJ’s COVID-19 Risk Metrics and Mitigation Strategies here for more details.