Juneau Public Health Center offers flu shots, KN95 masks, COVID vaccine/booster & tests
In addition to COVID-19 Pfizer vaccines and boosters, the Juneau Public Health Center is now offering free flu shots to anyone ages 6 months and up every Wednesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout February. Simply walk in or, if you prefer to make an appointment, go to juneau.org/vaccine. The Juneau Public Health Center is also distributing free KN95 masks and COVID-19 self-tests Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30. The Juneau Public Health Center is located at 3412 Glacier Highway, across the street from the Twin Lakes parking lot.
Individuals wanting to get a flu shot can do so at the same time as getting a COVID vaccine or booster, or just get the flu shot.
For individuals wanting to get the COVID-19 vaccine, the Juneau Public Health Center offers first and second Pfizer doses, as well as Pfizer boosters. If you fall into any of these categories, you are encouraged to attend a Wednesday or Friday clinic:
- Anyone ages 5 and up who needs a first or second Pfizer vaccine dose.
- Individuals 12 to 17 who need a booster. Pfizer boosters can be administered at least 5 months after the initial Pfizer series.
- Individuals ages 18 and up who received an initial Pfizer or Moderna series, and need a booster. Pfizer boosters can be administered at least 5 months after an initial series.
- Individuals ages 18 and up who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and need a booster. Pfizer boosters can be administered at least 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Individuals ages 5 and up who are moderately or severely immunocompromised and received the Pfizer primary 2-dose series. An additional Pfizer primary shot can be administered 28 days after second shot.
For more information, call the Juneau Public Health Center 907-465-3353.