Juneau Assembly will meet in person for May 24 Regular Assembly meeting
The City and Borough of Juneau Assembly will meet in person in City Hall Assembly Chambers for a Regular Meeting on Monday, May 24. This is the first in-person meeting of the Assembly since April 2020. The meeting will accommodate up to eight people in the public audience seats on a first come, first served basis. Masks are required for anyone in the room who is not fully vaccinated.
Assembly meetings will continue to be livestreamed through Zoom and Facebook Live. Join the May 24 meeting online https://juneau.zoom.us/j/91515424903 or by calling 1-253-215-8782 with webinar ID 915 1542 4903.
These items are up for public hearing at the May 24 Assembly meeting:
- Ordinance 2021-03: An Ordinance Regulating Fireworks and Providing for a Penalty
- Ordinance 2021-18: An Ordinance Regarding Taxing the Sale of Fireworks.
- Ordinance 2020-09(AW): An Ordinance Appropriating $109,500 to the Manager as Funding for Security Camera Equipment for Capital Transit; Grant Funding Provided by the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, with Local Match Funding Provided by the Equipment Replacement Reserve Fund’s Fund Balance.
Community members can also provide public comment on Resolutions and New Business items:
- Resolution 2946: A Resolution Expanding Membership for the Juneau Human Rights Commission.
- Resolution 2947: A Resolution Repealing and Reestablishing the Assembly Rules of Procedure.
- Resolution 2950: A Resolution Ratifying the Labor Agreement between the City and Borough and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union AFL-CIO, Healthcare Unit 2201.
- Resolution 2948: A Resolution Providing For Interest Rates For The Hospital Revenue Refunding Bond Being Issued Through The Alaska Municipal Bond Bank.
- Resolution 2952: A Resolution Providing For Interest Rates For The Port Revenue Refunding Bond Being Issued Through The Alaska Municipal Bond Bank.
- Resolution 2951: A Resolution Providing For Interest Rates For The General Obligation Refunding Bond Being Issued Through The Alaska Municipal Bond Bank.
- Resolution 2954: A Resolution Reducing the 2021 Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity Fee for Commercial Passenger Vehicles.
- Ratifying the CBJ COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies of Emergency Ordinance 2021-11.
- (Introduction) Ordinance 2021-22: An Ordinance Reestablishing the City and Borough of Juneau COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies and Providing for a Penalty.
- (Public Hearing) Resolution 2953: A Resolution Repealing Emergency Ordinance 2021-11 and Re-establishing the COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Strategies as Recommendations
- Supplemental Agreement Bartlett Regional Hospital Crisis Stabilization CIP
- Regulation 05 CBJAC 15 Dockage Rate Change
- Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (DOTPF) application to acquire 380 square feet of City property for the Douglas Highway Reconstruction project
- Hardship and Senior Citizen/Disabled Veteran/Non-Profit Late-Filed Real Property Tax Exemption Applications
- Resolution 2955: A Resolution Authorizing the Manager to Enter into Port Agreements with Cruise Line Corporations for the Purpose of Satisfying Requirements of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention to Allow Cruise Ships to Visit the Port of Juneau in Calendar Year 2021.
Community members can comment during the meeting in person (up to eight people will be allowed in the audience seats), or through Zoom online (hit the ‘raise hand’ button) or over the phone (press *9 on your phone). Members of the public are also encouraged to email their comments in advance of the meeting to BoroughAssembly@juneau.org.
The full agenda packet for the May 24 Regular Assembly Meeting will be posted here on Friday afternoon.
ADA accommodations are available upon request. Please contact the Municipal Clerk’s office 36 hours prior to any meeting so arrangements can be made for closed captioning or sign language interpreter services depending on the meeting format. Contact the Clerk’s office by calling 586-5278, TDD 586-5351, or emailing email@example.com.