Items Coming Up for Public Hearing at the February 28 Regular Assembly Meeting
The City and Borough of Juneau Alaska Assembly will take public hearing on the following items at the February 28 Regular Assembly Meeting at 7:00p.m.
Assemblymembers will be meeting in person, to the extent possible. In-person public participation will be limited on a first come, first served basis in accordance with room capacity protocols. All attendees will be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. Attendees in excess of the room capacity protocols may be requested to participate via Zoom webinar. Join online via Zoom webinar at: https://juneau.zoom.us/j/91515424903 or by calling: 1-253-215-8782 Webinar ID: 915 1542 4903.
- Ordinance 2022-04 An Ordinance Amending the Parking Requirements of the Land Use Code.
- Ordinance 2022-10 An Ordinance Amending the Land Use Code Regarding Marijuana Establishment Requirements.
- Ordinance 2022-11 An Ordinance Amending the Street Vending Requirements of Title 62 Regarding Parking.
- Ordinance 2022-13 An Ordinance Repealing the Confidentiality Provision for Real Estate Transaction Disclosures and Establishing a Penalty for Failure to Disclose a Real Estate Transaction.
- Ordinance 2021-08(b)(am)(W) An Ordinance Transferring $720,000 from CIP B55-078 RRC Detox Additions, CIP B55-082 Hospital Deferred Maintenance, and CIP W75-061 Douglas Highway Water – David to I St. to CIP R72-141 Hospital Drive and Site Improvements.
- Ordinance 2021-08(b)(am)(X) An Ordinance Appropriating $20,000,000 to the Manager for the Planning, Design, and Construction of Bond-Funded Capital Improvement Projects at Bartlett Regional Hospital, and Deappropriating $4,000,000 from the Manager for the Crisis Stabilization Capital Improvement Project; Funding Provided by Hospital Revenue Bond Proceeds.
- Ordinance 2021-08(b)(am)(Y) An Ordinance Appropriating $25,000 to the Manager for a Grant to Sealaska Heritage Institute for the 2022 Celebration Event; Funding Provided by General Funds.
- Ordinance 2021-08(b)(am)(Z) An Ordinance Appropriating up to $2,000,000 to the Manager for the Purchase of a Used Gondola for Eaglecrest Ski Area; Funding Provided by General Funds. [This ordinance was referred to the Assembly Committee of the Whole (COW) with the requirement that it remain in the COW until they hear from the Eaglecrest Board and Eaglecrest Summer Task Force. This is a placeholder in the event this ordinance is referred out of the Committee of the Whole and back to the Assembly for public hearing on February 28.]
- Ordinance scheduled for Public Testimony February 28 with Public Hearing/Assembly action scheduled for March 14:
Ordinance 2022-12 An Ordinance Amending the Comprehensive Plan Related to the Long Range Waterfront Plan.
The full agenda packet will be available at https://juneau.org/assembly/assembly-minutes-and-agendas on the business day prior to the meeting.
Anyone wishing to provide public comment during the meeting is asked to call the Municipal Clerk’s phone line at 586-5278 by 3:00p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022 or send an email to [email protected] and provide their name, email address, and phone number they will be calling from.
Testimony time will be limited by the Mayor based on the number of participants. Members of the public are encouraged to send their comments in advance of the meeting to [email protected] For up to the minute meeting calendar/details with links to the Zoom webinars, check our online CBJ Meeting Calendar at https://juneau.org/calendar.
ADA accommodations available upon request: Please contact the Clerk’s office 36 hours prior to any meeting so arrangements can be made for closed captioning or sign language interpreter services depending on the meeting format. The Clerk’s office telephone number is 586-5278, TDD 586-5351, e-mail: [email protected]