How to provide public testimony for tonight’s Special Assembly & future Assembly meetings
The City and Borough of Juneau has contracted with the State of Alaska Legislative Information Offices to provide telephonic participation services during tonight’s Special Assembly meeting at 5 p.m. Here’s the agenda.
Public members wishing to just listen or watch the meeting are encouraged to do so through Facebook Live on the City and Borough of Juneau’s Facebook page (the same video feed will also be available on the CBJ website at juneau.org/covid-19) or by listening to KTOO Public Media 104.3 FM or online.
Members of the public wishing to call in to testify can dial 907-463-5043 up to 15-minutes prior the beginning of the meeting.
- Callers will hear a message stating they have reached the Alaska Legislative Teleconference System and to stay on the line until they can be assisted by an operator.
- Operators will ask the caller to identify their Name and the meeting they are calling for. The caller should provide their name and state that they are calling in for the CBJ Assembly meeting.
- Public lines will be muted by default but will be unmuted by CBJ staff when it is that individual’s turn to testify.
- The Mayor will determine the amount of time allotted to each person based on the number of people calling to testify. The Mayor will ask the caller to identify their name and the agenda topic for which they are providing testimony.
- The caller will then be asked to stay on the phone after their testimony to answer any questions from the Assembly.
- Once they have finished providing testimony, callers will be disconnected from the call and encouraged to watch the Facebook Live feed or listen on KTOO’s radio broadcast so the phone lines can be opened for others who may wish to testify.
These instructions for public testimony will also apply to future Regular Assembly Meetings, Special Assembly Meetings, Assembly Committee of the Whole, and Assembly Finance Committee meetings. Members of the public are also encouraged to submit comments in writing beforehand by emailing BoroughAssembly@juneau.org or by filling out the online Assembly Contact Form.
For more information, contact City Clerk Beth McEwen at 586-0203 or Beth.McEwen@juneau.org.