Finance Committee to discuss CARES funding, budget requests & reductions at 5 p.m.
With the City and Borough of Juneau facing a revenue shortfall of $34.5 million over the next 30 months, the Assembly Finance Committee resumes its work on the budget tonight, May 13, at 5 p.m. Agenda items include CARES Act funding; enterprise fund budgets; grant requests; and budget reductions. Read the full agenda here.
Here are some things the Finance Committee will be looking at tonight:
- CARES Act Possible Funding: According to a memo by City Manager Rorie Watt, CBJ anticipates receiving $53 million of CARES Act funding, but how the city can spend it is up in the air.
- Items for Action include a number of pending list items: budgets for CBJ enterprise funds – Docks, Harbors, Airport, and Eaglecrest; and grant requests (see more information on this from the May 6 Assembly Finance agenda)
- Included in the Capital Improvement Plan Reductions agenda item is an FAQ on the Augustus Brown Pool.
- A memo from the City Manager on potential budget reductions
- A memo from the Deputy City Manager on personnel services cost reduction strategies
- Economic Stabilization Task Force Recommendations
The Assembly is scheduled to pass a budget and set the property tax mil levy on June 15.