Dimond Park Aquatic Center opening June 15 on a reservation system
The City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation Department is opening the Dimond Park Aquatic Center June 15 under a modified operation plan, which requires patrons to make a reservation for pool time.
The public can start reserving pool time this Monday, June 8 at 8 a.m. here. An individual can reserve up to five 90-minute swim sessions per week. Starting June 15, the pool will be open Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. & Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Older adults and people of any age with serious underlying medical conditions who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 are recommended to reserve pool time Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The reservation requirement is part of the Juneau Pools COVID-19 Mitigation Plan, which aims to protect the health and wellbeing of pool patrons and staff alike while resuming recreation activities. Other guidelines for this phase of reopening include:
- No access to locker rooms and showers. Patrons are to arrive and leave the facility in swim gear.
- Patrons are permitted to use lobby restrooms, but not as changing areas.
- Members of the public and staff are required to wear face coverings in common spaces – lobby, front desk, and restrooms. If you don’t have one, face coverings will be provided. Cloth face coverings should not be worn by children under the age of two.
- Social distancing of at least six feet should be maintained between individuals and household groups.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon arrival.
- No member of the public or staff displaying symptoms of COVID-19 may be present at the pool.
To promote proper social distancing, the pool has limited and rearranged lobby furniture, installed plastic “sneeze guards” at the front desk, and installed floor stanchions and markings to direct flow of traffic when entering and exiting aquatic facilities.
Read the Juneau Pool FAQs for more information. Augustus Brown Swimming Pool will remain closed until further notice
For more information, contact email@example.com or call the facility at 586-2782 during regular business hours from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.