Dimond Park Aquatic Center closes for annual maintenance April 24 – May 8
Dimond Park Aquatic Center will be closed to the public for two weeks starting Sunday, April 24, through Sunday, May 8, for annual maintenance. The facility will reopen on Monday, May 9.
The following projects will be occur during the two-week closure:
- significant deck repairs to improve traction for users and mitigate slips and falls
- routine maintenance/cleaning of aquatic systems including work to the sand filters, surge tanks, and disinfection units
- maintenance on building controls including heating and cooling elements
- maintenance and replacement of natatorium lights and fixtures
Augustus Brown Swimming Pool will extend hours during these two weeks to accommodate additional patrons. Augustus Brown will be open:
- Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. & 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Please note: The leisure/recreation pool at Augustus Brown Swimming Pool is set to reopen in the coming week when repairs to the heating elements are completed.
For more information, contact Aquatics Manager Kollin Monahan at 907-586-0839 ext. 4145 or Kollin.Monahan@juneau.org.