Capital Transit service free of charge starting Friday; implements stringent cleaning protocols
Capital Transit bus service and CAPITAL AKcess paratransit service will be free of charge starting tomorrow, March 20. At this time, regular service remains available with additional vehicle disinfecting procedures in place to help protect the community.
Riders are encouraged to only use Capital Transit if they must and, when they are on the bus, to practice social distancing. To allow the appropriate distance between the driver and passengers, the rear door of Capital Transit buses will be utilized as the main entrance and exit. To help slow, or hopefully prevent, the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Capital Transit has implemented a more robust cleaning/disinfecting procedures on its vehicles.
Fixed route buses will be disinfected throughout the day, approximately every hour, as the buses are on route. They will also be thoroughly cleaned inside and out daily, and the interior completely disinfected. Paratransit vans, CAPITAL AKcess, will be disinfected after rides as needed, and thoroughly cleaned daily inside and out, and the interior completely disinfected.
The addition of in-route disinfecting procedures may cause missed transfers. As events unfold in the community, the public may see changes to schedules or service hours. Capital Transit apologizes in advance for any inconvenience, but the health and safety of the community is the priority. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
What you can do:
- Distance yourself from other passengers & respect the driver’s personal space.
- Germs live on surfaces. When possible, sit down and avoid touching bus surfaces with your hands.
- Please cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or elbow.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, mouth, and eyes.
- If you’re sick with flu symptoms please stay at home.
- Call your health care provider before attempting to catch a ride to go see them. They are very busy and can likely triage you over the phone.
For more information, contact Capital Transit at 789-6901. Visit juneau.org/covid-19 for information, links, and resources to help keep Juneau safe and healthy.