DOT’s Egan Drive Improvement Project scheduled to start June 3
Downtown traffic will be getting busier starting next week due to the Egan Drive Improvements – Main Street to 10th Street project. Egan Drive is a State of Alaska road and this is a State of Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities project that’s been awarded to SECON, though CBJ will be interfacing when necessary to make things as smooth as possible.
According to the updates, SECON will begin work on Egan Drive between Willoughby and Whittier Streets Monday, June 3:
- Traffic will flow through the work zone with one lane open in each direction. No official detours are needed.
- Traffic control will be in place from Main Street to 12th Street to ensure the best possible flow of traffic through the work zone. Traffic restrictions include:
- No left turns from Main Street to 10th Street.
- Traffic signals at Whittier will not be operational.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on one side of Egan or the other, for your safety please follow pedestrian detour signs. Protected pedestrian crossings are available at Main and 10th Streets only.
Standard work shifts will be 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday.
Note that other restrictions will require additional work shifts. Please use caution when traveling in work zones.
To talk to someone about the project, contact the SECON Public Information Coordinator (PIC) at 907-209-9842 or email@example.com. Regular office hours for the PIC are Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
(Photo by PIC Holly Kveum)