2020 Property Taxes due Wednesday, September 30; set up automatic payment by September 16
CBJ just mailed out courtesy letters to taxpayers reminding them that the City and Borough of Juneau’s 2020 real and business personal property taxes will be due in a month on September 30. Only those taxpayers with an outstanding balance that will not be automatically deducted from your bank account or paid by an escrow company will receive a letter. Taxpayers have several payment options:
- Set up automatic payment for your property taxes and get the amount automatically deducted from your bank account on September 30. To request a copy of the form call 907-586-5218, e-mail your request to AR@juneau.org, or visit http://bit.ly/CBJ-EBD. Return completed form with a copy of a voided or cancelled check to CBJ Accounts Receivable, 155 South Seward St, Juneau, AK 99801 by September 16, or e-mail it to AR@juneau.org.
- Mail your payment to the City and Borough of Juneau, Treasury Office, 155 South Seward St, Juneau, AK 99801. The payment must be postmarked by the United States Postal Service on or before September 30, 2020.
- Pay in person at City Hall during regular business hours (8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday). The payment must be received by the City Treasury Office on or before September 30, 2020.
- Drop off at one of the CBJ’s three dropbox locations at Super Bear IGA, Foodland IGA, or City Hall. The payment must be deposited in the dropbox on or before September 30, 2020.
- Pay by credit card through OfficialPayments.com or by phone at 800-272-9829 using jurisdiction code 1202. Transactions are subject to a convenience fee and must be initiated on or before September 30, 2020. Credit cards cannot be used if paying at City Hall.
Late payments are subject to penalty and interest charges. If you cannot locate your current tax statement or have questions regarding payment of your property taxes, please call the Tax Billing Office at 907-586-5261.