Juneau Libraries, City Museum & Permit Center return to in-person service; pools & ice rink adjust operations
Due to the City and Borough of Juneau Emergency Operations Center lowering the overall community risk to Level 2 Moderate, some City and Borough of Juneau facilities are returning to in-person service:
- Juneau Public Libraries: Mendenhall Valley Library and Douglas Library are opening to in-person service today, January 12, at noon, and will operate Monday – Friday, noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. The Downtown Library will remain curbside until January 19 due to ongoing interior construction work. Check juneau.org/library for more information.
- Juneau-Douglas City Museum: The City Museum will be open to in-person service Thursday – Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information call 586-3572 or email email@example.com.
- Permit Center: The Permit Center is opening to in-person service Wednesday, January 13, and will operate Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Those wishing to conduct business from a distance can still utilize services over the telephone or email. Pre-application conferences will also be available in person, though phone or Zoom remain options if desired. For information on permit applications, plan submittals, and pre-application meetings, visit the Community Development Department website or call 586-0770.
- Juneau Pools: Augustus Brown Swimming Pool (AGB) & Dimond Park Aquatic Center (DPAC) will end reservations and resume drop-in recreation on January 19 with a maximum capacity of 50 for DPAC and 30 for AGB; visit juneaupools.org for the latest schedules. The fitness area, locker rooms, and showers are open. Sauna, hot tub, slides, and play features remain closed; no group programs or lessons will be offered.
- Treadwell Ice Arena: Treadwell will have open skates every Friday 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. beginning January 22. Reservations are required. Guests are encouraged to bring their own skates and helmets, but skate rentals are available and included in admission. Maximum capacity on ice is 20; maximum capacity in the building is 50. For more information, go to juneau.org/parks-recreation/treadwell-arena.
- Zach Gordon Youth Center: Zach Gordon Youth Center will allow a maximum capacity of 35. For more information, go to juneau.org/parks-recreation/zach-gordon/zgyc.