Tonight’s Special Assembly meeting will be livestreamed on Vimeo and Facebook Live
The City and Borough of Juneau Assembly is having a Special Assembly meeting tonight, April 2, at 6 p.m. On the agenda are: COVID-19 Update and Actions, and Economic Assistance, including a draft ordinance for rental assistance. Read the full agenda packet. You can watch the meeting on Vimeo or Facebook Live.
Public testimony will only be taken during the Special Assembly meeting under Public Participation on Non-Agenda Items. Members of the public wishing to call in can dial 907-463-5043 up to 15-minutes prior the beginning of the meeting.
- Callers will hear a message stating they have reached the Alaska Legislative Teleconference System and to stay on the line until they can be assisted by an operator.
- Operators will ask the caller to identify their Name and the meeting they are calling for. The caller should provide their name, inform the operator that they are calling in for the CBJ Assembly meeting and identify they wish to speak on non-agenda items or if they are calling to listen only.
- Public lines will be muted by default but will be unmuted by CBJ staff when it is that individual’s turn to testify.
- The Mayor will determine the amount of time allotted to each person based on the number of individuals who are requesting to testify. The Clerk will introduce the speaker, inform them of the amount of time they have to testify, and identity of the next speakers in line so they can be ready to testify.
- Following each caller’s testimony, the Mayor will ask the caller to stay on the phone to be able to answer any questions from Assemblymembers.
- Once public participation on non-agenda items has been closed, all callers connected to the meeting will be place on “mute” for listening purposes only.