Systemic Racism Review Committee has organizational meeting April 1
The City and Borough of Juneau Systemic Racism Review Committee will meet for the first time Thursday, April 1, at 12 p.m. to have an organizational meeting. The public can join the meeting online https://juneau.zoom.us/j/97443047135, or call 1-346-248-7799 or 1-669-900-6833 with webinar ID 974 4304 7135.
Following an interview process, the Juneau Assembly appointed members to the committee in February. Committee members are: Dominic Branson, Carla Casulucan, Gail Dabaluz, Grace Lee, Kelli Patterson, David Russell-Jensen, Lillian Worl, and Assembly member liaison Christine Woll. Deputy City Manager Mila Cosgrove is CBJ staff for the committee.
The Systemic Racism Review Committee is charged with:
- Developing criteria to advise whether legislation before the Assembly likely includes a systemic racism policy or implication
- Reviewing all ordinances after introduction and before public hearing to advise whether the ordinance likely includes a systemic racism policy or implication
- Reviewing all resolutions to advise whether the resolution likely perpetuates systemic racism
- Presenting options for curing the potential systemic racism or implications; and
- Presenting the Committee’s analysis and conclusions timely to the Assembly in a short statement for each item of legislation.
At the April 1 organizational meeting, the committee will begin looking at parliamentary procedural training for committee members, establish a meeting cycle, and elect chairs. The committee is scheduled to start reviewing legislation July 1.
For more information, contact CBJ staff for the Systemic Racism Review Committee Mila Cosgrove at 586-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.