State reports 27 new COVID-19 cases for Juneau
The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) reports 27 new residents within the Juneau community identified with COVID-19 for October 15. There are currently two individuals with COVID-19 hospitalized at Bartlett Regional Hospital.
The Juneau School District reports two new individuals who’ve tested positive for COVID-19 and were infectious while in school:
- one at Juneau-Douglas High School: Yadaa.at Kalé (no classes quarantined as a result)
- one at Thunder Mountain High School (no classes quarantined as a result)
COVID-19 cases related to schools are posted on juneauschools.org (click on the green “COVID-19 Cases” block).
Statewide, DHSS reports 984 new people identified with COVID-19 – 971 are residents and 13 are nonresidents. The state also reports three recent deaths bringing the total number of resident deaths to 594 and nonresident deaths to 23:
- a male Nome resident in his 60s
- a female Anchorage resident in her 40s
- a male nonresident in his 40s who was initially diagnosed with COVID-19 in Utqiagvik
Alaska has had 122,678 cumulative resident cases of COVID-19 and a total of 5,089 nonresidents.
CBJ’s next COVID-19 case count update will be issued on Tuesday, October 19.