State reports 19 new COVID-19 cases for Juneau
The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) reports 19 new residents in the Juneau community identified with COVID-19 for November 24. According to Juneau Public Health, there are about 64 active cases. No one from the Juneau School District has tested positive for COVID-19 since yesterday.
Statewide, DHSS reports 487 new people identified with COVID-19 – 476 are residents and 11 are nonresidents. The state also reports six recent deaths bringing the total number of resident deaths to 840:
- Female Anchorage resident in her 40s
- Male Bristol Bay plus Lake and Peninsula resident in his 60s
- Female Anchorage resident in her 60s
- Female Kenai resident in her 40s
- Male Anchorage resident in his 50s
- Male Anchorage resident in his 60s
Alaska has had 144,073 cumulative resident cases of COVID-19 and a total of 5,388 nonresidents.
Due to the Thanksgiving Day Holiday, CBJ offices are closed Thursday and Friday, November 25-26. CBJ’s next COVID-19 case count update will be issued on Monday, November 29.