Sign-up for COVID-19 vaccine boosters at Centennial Hall opens at noon today
Sign-up opens today, September 27, at noon for the Centennial Hall Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine clinic at juneau.org/vaccine. Those without internet can call 586-6000. Qualifying individuals can register for a booster, and anyone ages 12 and up can sign up for a first or second dose. The clinic is happening over two days: Friday, October 1 and Saturday, October 2. You must pre-register to receive a vaccine; no walk-ins.
The following groups currently qualify to receive the Pfizer booster as long as they’ve received their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine at least six months ago:
- people 65 years and older
- residents aged 18 years and older in long-term care settings; or
- people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions; or
- people aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions based on their individual benefits and risks; or
- people aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting based on their individual benefits and risks.
Individuals looking to get a first or second vaccine dose, or who qualify for the booster should NOT get one if:
- You’ve received monoclonal antibody therapy (Regeneron) in the past 90 days. People who undergo that treatment should wait 90 days before receiving any COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster.
- You’re sick. People who are symptomatic should wait until their symptoms are resolved before receiving any COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster.
More information on October 1-2 Centennial Hall clinic
- 1,900 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine doses will be available over two days: Friday, October 1 at 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday, October 2 at 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Flu shots will be available to individuals at the clinic who wish to get one during the same visit.
- Bring your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to the clinic.
- Clinic staff will have very limited capacity to vaccinate people in their vehicles if they need that. If you are mobile, please go through the clinic inside Centennial Hall. Wheelchairs will be available at Centennial Hall if needed.
- If you’re unable to get an appointment for the October 1-2 clinic, another Centennial Hall vaccine clinic is happening October 8-9; registration for that opens October 4 at 12 p.m. noon.
The Centennial Hall clinic is organized by the Alaska Division of Public Health, Bartlett Regional Hospital, and the City and Borough of Juneau.
For more information, called CBJ’s COVID-19 Hotline 586-6000 or email [email protected].