Juneau pools reopen on reservation system Oct. 26 & more info on Libraries curbside service
Due to the City and Borough of Juneau Emergency Operations Center raising the overall community risk to Level 3 High, Juneau Pools and Juneau Public Libraries have altered operations. Here are more details:
After temporarily closing this week, Augustus Brown Pool and Dimond Park Aquatic Center are reopening Monday, October 26, by reservation only with a maximum capacity of 20. Reservations for pool time are now open. An individual can reserve up to three 90-minute swim sessions per week. Make a reservation here.
The reservation requirement is part of the Juneau Pools COVID-19 Mitigation Plan, which aims to protect the health and wellbeing of pool patrons and staff alike. Guidelines include:
- Lap lane reservations are limited to one patron per lane reservation
- Locker rooms will remain open for public use, showers will continue to be available
- Face coverings are required in common spaces (lobby, front desk, and locker rooms/restrooms)
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained between individuals and household groups when in the common spaces as well as the natatorium
Read the Juneau Pool FAQs and the Mitigation Plan for a schedule of time slots. For more information, visit juneaupools.org. Questions on making a reservation? Please call 586-2782 for Dimond Park and 586-5325 for Augustus Brown, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Juneau Public Libraries curbside service
All Juneau Public Library branches are temporarily closed, but the public can still access materials at any branch location through curbside pickup Monday-Friday, 12-6 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 12-5 p.m. Here’s how:
- Place a hold either online at juneau.org/library or by calling a the library directly
- Downtown 586-5249
- Douglas 364-2378
- Mendenhall Valley 789-0125
- During an available pickup time, go to the library and call the front desk upon arrival. Staff will arrange a no-contact pick-up.
Also note, though the libraries are temporarily closed, staff are still available to help with reference questions over the phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.