Pediatric COVID-19 vaccine clinics happening this week in Juneau; register your 5-11 year-old
COVID-19 vaccine clinics for kids ages 5-11 kicked off yesterday and continue today, November 9, and Thursday, November 11. Sign up your child for the two-dose pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at juneau.org/vaccine or 586-6000. There are still openings at these pediatric vaccine clinics:
- Tuesday, November 9, 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Mendenhall River Community School
- Tuesday, November 9, 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Dzantik’i Heeni Middle School
- Thursday, November 11, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Riverbend Elementary School
Pediatricians and nurses are administering the vaccinations in classrooms to provide a quiet and private setting for families and children. Each classroom will have one to two vaccine stations. Second dose clinics will take place end of November/early December.
Please note the following:
- Flu vaccine will also be available, as an add-on, for parents who would like their child to receive a flu shot at the same time.
- While all clinics are open to all Juneau children ages 5-11, more time per appointment has been allocated to the clinics at Mendenhall River and Riverbend. Parents of younger children (5-8), or any child who may need additional time, are encouraged to sign up for appointments at those locations.
- Youth ages 5-11 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or a caregiver. If a parent/legal guardian isn’t able to be there, a caregiver is required to bring a printed and completed parent permission form to the clinic appointment.
- If you’re registering multiple children for the same clinic but are unable to get appointments at the same time, you can bring all of your children at any one child’s appointment time. Please still register each child who will be receiving a vaccine.
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children on this CDC webpage or this Alaska Health and Social Services information sheet.
For more information, call 586-6000 or email COVIDquestions@juneau.org.