Parks & Recreation offers free drive-in movie Matilda this Saturday; reservations required
The City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation has partnered with Gold Town Nickelodeon to present a free drive-in movie on Saturday, March 13 at 6:30 pm – Matilda (PG). The drive-in is at the Savikko Park parking lot, which has capacity for 50 cars. Reservations, which are required, open Thursday, March 11, at noon and will be available here under the “Special Events” tab. Please note: reservations are per car, not per individual. The event is sponsored by the Juneau Education Association and is part of its Read Across Alaska program.
In preparation for this event, the Savikko Park parking lot near Sandy Beach in Douglas will be closed to the public starting at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 13. The movie starts at 6:30 pm and the parking lot opens at 5:30 pm.
- You must be in a vehicle to enter the lot. There is no entry on foot or on any sort of bicycle, including scooters, motorcycles, or other non-enclosed modes of transport. RV’s/campers/buses/ trailers are not allowed.
- Please park where directed. You may not save spaces for yourself or anyone else prior to the lot opening. Parking is based on vehicle height, with shorter cars in front, taller ones in back. If you have a roof rack or storage pod, expect to be in the back.
- A face covering must be worn when checking in and at all times outside of your vehicle.
- We ask that you only have immediate family members or members of the same household/social bubble in each vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have a working FM radio to hear the movie. If it does not, bring something that picks up a radio signal (apps do not work).
- If you have a truck with an open bed, you may sit in the open truck bed. You may not sit on top of your vehicle.
- Please remain in your vehicle throughout the movie, except in an emergency or to use the restroom.
- If you are sick or feeling unwell at all, please stay home.
For more information, call Parks and Recreation at 586-5226. You can also go to the Drive-in Movie in the Park: Matilda (PG) Facebook event.