Parks & Recreation offers two free drive-in movies this weekend; reservations required
City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation has partnered with Gold Town Nickelodeon to present two free drive-in movies on Saturday, November 14 – a family-friendly movie at 4:30 p.m. and a scary movie at 8 p.m. Both movies are at the Savikko Park parking lot, which has capacity for 50 cars per movie. Reservations are required and open today, November 12, at noon. Reserve tickets at the links below:
- 4:30 p.m. movie is Aladdin (PG, 2019). Parking lot opens at 3:30 p.m. Reserve tickets here.
- 8:00 p.m. movie is Poltergeist (PG, 1982). Parking lot opens at 7:00 p.m. Reserve tickets here.
In preparation for this event, the Savikko Park parking lot near Sandy Beach in Douglas is closed to the public all day this Saturday, November 14, starting at 7 a.m.
- You must be in a vehicle to enter the lot. There is no entry on foot or on any sort of bicycle, including scooters, motorcycles, or other non-enclosed modes of transport. RV’s/campers/buses/ trailers are not allowed.
- Please park where directed. You may not save spaces for yourself or anyone else prior to the lot opening. Parking is based on vehicle height, with shorter cars in front, taller ones in back. If you have a roof rack or storage pod, expect to be in the back.
- A face covering must be worn when checking in and at all times outside of your vehicle.
- Each vehicle should only have immediate family members or members of the same household/social bubble.
- Your vehicle must have a working FM radio to hear the movie. If it does not, bring something that picks up a radio signal (apps do not work).
- If you have a truck with an open bed, you may sit in the open truck bed. You may not sit on top of your vehicle.
- Please remain in your vehicle throughout the movie, except in an emergency or to use the restroom.
- If you are sick or feeling unwell at all, please stay home.
The movies are sponsored by the Douglas 4th of July Committee and AK Grizzly Bar.