Juneau’s community risk level returns to Level 2 Moderate
The City and Borough of Juneau Emergency Operations Center is lowering the overall community risk to Level 2 Moderate. Community spread cases are still occurring, but the overall number of COVID-19 cases has dropped compared to previous weeks. The EOC continues to urge community members to maintain social distance and wear a mask in any indoor setting where individuals outside of your immediate family/social bubble are present.
- Bars can reopen for indoor service but must not exceed 50% capacity.
- There is no requirement for restaurants but they are strongly recommended to reduce capacity to ensure physical distancing between parties, and are recommended to require reservations. Delivery and curbside pickup is encouraged.
The following measures continue to be in place:
- Indoor gatherings are limited to 50 people with safety measures (masks required), unless a COVID-19 mitigation plan is submitted and approved by the CBJ Emergency Operations Center.
- Masks must be worn indoors in public areas where 6 feet of social distancing can’t be maintained. Masks are recommended when outdoors and 6 feet of distance can’t be maintained.
- Personal Services by appointment only, no waiting areas.
- Gyms at 50% capacity.
Learn more about the status of COVID-19 in Juneau during today’s COVID-19 Community Update at 4 p.m. Watch the update by joining the Zoom webinar https://juneau.zoom.us/j/98563085159, or calling 1-346-248-7799 or 1-669-900-6833 or 1-253-215-8782, webinar ID 985 6308 5159.
Read CBJ’s COVID-19 Risk Metrics and Mitigation Strategies here.