Juneau’s community risk level goes down to Level 2 Moderate
The City and Borough of Juneau Emergency Operations Center is lowering the overall community risk to Level 2 Moderate. Community spread cases are still occurring, but the overall number of COVID-19 cases has dropped compared to previous weeks. The EOC continues to urge community members – including individuals who’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine – to maintain social distance and wear a mask in any indoor setting where individuals outside of your immediate family/social bubble are present.
- Indoor gatherings are limited to 50 people with safety measures (masks required), unless a COVID-19 mitigation plan is submitted and approved by the CBJ Emergency Operations Center.
- Masks must be worn indoors in public areas. Masks are recommended when outdoors and 6 feet of distance can’t be maintained. Keep 6 feet of distance from non-household members and keep your social bubble small.
- Bars are limited to 50 percent indoor capacity.
- There is no requirement for restaurants but they are strongly recommended to reduce capacity to ensure physical distancing between parties, and are recommended to require reservations. Delivery and curbside pickup is encouraged.
- Personal Services by appointment only, no waiting areas.
- Gyms are limited to 50 percent indoor capacity, small group activities outdoors.
Learn more about the status of COVID-19 in Juneau during tomorrow’s COVID-19 Community Update at 4 p.m. Watch the update by joining the Zoom webinar https://juneau.zoom.us/j/98563085159, or calling 1-346-248-7799 or 1-669-900-6833 or 1-253-215-8782, webinar ID 985 6308 5159.
Read CBJ’s COVID-19 Risk Metrics and Mitigation Strategies here.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.