Juneau School District back-to-school information
August 11, 2021 – FYI
The 2021-2022 school year is about to begin and here are some important things to note:
- The Juneau School District will be operating in-person, full-time five days a week. Families who wish to learn from home can enroll in the district’s HomeBRIDGE program for the 2021-22 school year. For more information, call 907-523-1821.
- Masks are required inside Juneau School District facilities.
- The first day of school for students in grades 1-12 is Monday, August 16. Kindergarten starts on Thursday, August 19, and Preschools begin Tuesday, August 24.
- JSD is offering FREE breakfast and lunch meals to all enrolled students this year. Find the menu here. Qualifying families should still apply for the USDA Free and Reduced Meal Program. Participation in this program supports funding for the entire district. An application can be picked up and submitted to any school office or an online application can be submitted at schoolcafe.com.
- New Student Registration is happening now at every school. Registration packets can be found online. If you have a child who will be five years old by September 1, and have not yet registered for Kindergarten, visit your neighborhood school to sign up.
- Immunizations and vaccinations are available at Juneau Public Health Center, 907-465-3353. The COVID-19 vaccine is not required for students to attend school in person, but are encouraged for students ages 12 and up. In the event of a positive COVID-19 case in a classroom, vaccinated individuals who are identified as a close contact will not be required to stay home and quarantine. Weekly surveillance testing for student activities is not required for students if they have been vaccinated. Find out where to get a vaccine at juneau.org/vaccine. Read JSD’s COVID-19 Mitigation Plans here.
- Fall 2021 Open House at all schools is around the corner. See the schedule here.
Go to juneauschools.org for more back-to-school information and updates. Also check your child’s school website for specific school-related information, like supply lists.