Holiday travel reminders from Juneau International Airport
The Juneau International Airport has some reminders as more people travel during the holiday season:
- Check the status of flights and allow plenty of time to check in, go through TSA passenger screening, and get on your flight.
- The federal mandate requiring masks inside the airport is still in effect. Please plan accordingly by bringing masks with you and wearing them appropriately over both your nose and mouth. Here are holiday travel tips from TSA.
- The main entrance of the terminal is closed for construction. Please enter through the two baggage claim doors or the new north (commuter) end of the terminal.
- Please remember that when you pick up/drop off passengers at the Juneau airport, you can park for free in the Short Term lot for up to 15 minutes or wait for free at the Cell Phone Lot. The only activity that can take place on the front curb of the airport terminal is active loading and unloading.
- Short Term parking is the lot closest to the terminal and is useful if you need to go inside the terminal for any reason, like to help a passenger collect bags from the baggage carousel or to help a passenger get to the vehicle. After the first 15 minutes, the Short Term lot becomes a paid option; up to 60 minutes costs $3.
- The free Cell Phone Lot waiting area near Alaska Industrial Hardware is an ideal place to wait while a passenger is disembarking the plane and getting luggage. The driver must remain with the vehicle at this lot.
The Juneau International Airport wishes everyone safe and smooth travels during the holiday season.
For more information, contact the Airport Manager’s Office at 907-789-7821.