Free Parks & Recreation activities happening throughout August for Month of Play
Join City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation Department for Month of Play, a month of free activities taking place throughout August. This is Parks & Recreation’s way of thanking the community. With a Passport to Play, all Month of Play activities are free of charge, and you have an opportunity to win prizes. Learn more at the Month of Play website.
Download a 2021 Passport to Play here, pick one up at the Parks & Recreation Office in City Hall, or email [email protected] with your address and quantity needed. To complete your Passport, answer the questions or do the activity listed in it to receive a stamp at the appropriate facility. Examples of Month of Play activities include:
- One free admission to open swim at Dimond Park Aquatic Center
- One free admission to open swim or drop-in recreation at Augustus Brown Pool
- One free admission to open skate at Treadwell Arena (reservations required)
- One free admission to the track at Dimond Park Field House
- Free DIY activities at Juneau Public Libraries, Juneau-Douglas City Museum, Jensen-Olson Arboretum, and at several CBJ parks and trails.
For free admission to Dimond Park Aquatic Center, Augustus Brown Pool, Treadwell Arena, and Dimond Park Field House, up to two guardians can get free admission as well. Complete at least three activities in the Passport and submit it to Parks & Recreation by August 31 to be entered into a prize drawing. You can submit a Passport in person to the Parks & Recreation office or online here.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation at 586-5226 option 1, go to the Month of Play website, or to the Facebook event.