During junk vehicle roundup, CBJ will tow 50 vehicles for free to recycle
During the City and Borough of Juneau’s upcoming junk vehicle roundup, CBJ will tow junk vehicles from people’s properties for free. To qualify, you must be one of the first 50 people to register their vehicle for the service. Register here starting Friday, April 22 at 8 a.m. Only one car per household will be eligible for free towing.
CBJ is working with Skookum Recycling to recycle the vehicles. Only vehicles that meet the following requirements will be towed:
- Vehicles must be located on the property of the individual registering.
- Vehicles must be easily accessible from public roads.
- Vehicles must be free of all garbage and loose car parts.
- Vehicles must have been registered in Juneau; current registration not required though.
- Vehicles must have rolling wheels and inflated tires and be able to be towed.
The junk vehicle roundup is being held in conjunction with Litter Free’s Annual Cleanup on April 30.