Boosters widely available in Juneau for anyone ages 18 and up
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has strengthened its recommendation on COVID-19 vaccine booster doses for individuals who are 18 years and older. Everyone ages 18 and older should get a booster shot 6 months after their initial Pfizer or Moderna series, or 2 months after their initial Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
“The recent emergence of the Omicron variant (B.1.1.529) further emphasizes the importance of vaccination, boosters, and prevention efforts needed to protect against COVID-19,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a November 29 media statement.
Booster doses can be Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson regardless of which vaccine you initially received, and are widely available in Juneau. As of December 1, here are details for COVID-19 vaccine/booster providers in Juneau:
- Costco Pharmacy offers J&J, Moderna & Pfizer
- Walk in Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (closed for lunch each day 1 – 2 p.m.)
- Or make an appointment here
- Fred Meyer Pharmacy offers J&J and Moderna
- By appointment only here
- Genoa Healthcare offers J&J, Moderna & Pfizer
- Walk-in 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday thru Friday (closed for lunch 12 – 12:30 p.m.) or call 877-658-0304 for more information
- Moderna only offered on Fridays
- 1944 Allen Ct. within JAMHI Juneau Health and Wellness, Inc.
- Juneau International Airport/Capstone Clinic offers J&J, Moderna & Pfizer
- By appointment only at alaska.covidsecureapp.com/vaccine-appointments.html.
- Availability every day (excluding holidays)
- Juneau Public Health Center offers Pfizer
- Walk in, or by appointment at juneau.org/vaccine or call 907-586-6000
- Availability every weekday (excluding holidays) thru December 30, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- 3412 Glacier Highway
- Juneau Urgent & Family Care offers J&J, Moderna & Pfizer
- Walk in 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday thru Friday, and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
- Or make an appointment here.
- Ron’s Apothecary Shoppe offers Moderna
- Call 907-789-0458 for availability
- Safeway Pharmacy offers Moderna and Pfizer
- Make an appointment here
- SEARHC’s Ethel Lund Medical Center offers J&J, Moderna & Pfizer
- By appointment at 907-463-6608
- 1200 Salmon Creek Lane
You can also call CBJ’s COVID-19 Hotline 907-586-6000 to schedule a vaccine or booster appointment.
For more information, email COVIDquestions@juneau.org or call 907-586-6000.